I have started up this blog, gotten busy, and tucked it away more times than I can count!
Remembering back to 2007, I was an avid blog reader with the birth of my first child. My favorites were Young House Love and Reading My Tea Leaves.
So, during a pandemic and the birth of my second child 12-years later, it’s time to do this thing!
How do you set realistic blog goals in 2020?
Yes, there are a lot of blogs out there. But, each and every one of those blogs can be successful! If the pandemic has taught us anything about making money, it’s that we need to have an online strategy. A blog is the way to create a digital marketing strategy so that you can make money– or get hired, which is the same thing.
Back to goal setting. Because, creating an audience in a week of 10,000 readers, and replacing your full-time income is not realistic (but if you did it, I’d love to know how).
- Encourage you to blog consistently (this is a long-term strategy and not a make money quick scheme)
- Write content that your audience wants to read and interact with
- Make Money
- Build search engine credibility
- Be difficult to reach… but not impossible
- Have deadlines
My blog goals:
3-months (August 1st, 2020)
- Complete the “How to start a blog” page
- Create a email opt-in giveaway
- Create a 30-Day Quick Start Program
- Claim and observe social media on Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
1-year (May 2021)
- Grow email list to 500
- Generate $5000/mo. income through services and affiliate.
- Create a self-paced blog starting online class
3-years (May 2022)
- Generate $20,000/mo. income through affiliate, courses, and templates
- Create a directory of blog designers
- Create a mastermind of high-earning blog owners
What are your goals for your blog? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below!